Lymphatic drainage massage increases lymphatic circulation and helps detoxify the body. It drains sluggish lymph nodes.
It stimulates the movement of lymph and encourages the formation of lymphocytes that produce antibodies, increasing the body’s resistance to infection. If tissue has been damaged, MLD helps to stimulate the lymphatic system to remove wastes more rapidly from around these inflamed tissues sending it back to the lymphatic system for removal and cleansing.
What is the Lymphatic System?
The lymphatic system is the body’s waste disposal. It clears away bacteria, cell debris, excess water, proteins and wastes from the connective tissue and returns it to the bloodstream for ultimate removal by the kidneys.
- Acute infections
- Overactive thyroid (hormones flooding the blood)
- Serious circulatory problems
(Phlebitis, venous obstruction)
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Blood clots
- Epilepsy (because of the danger triggering seizures
- Acute asthma
- Fresh scars
- Abdominal surgery
- Activate fluid circulation
- Promote tissue regeneration like scars
- Stimulate the immune
- Help with bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, arthritis, acne, eczema, chronic fatigue,
fibromyalgia, auto-immune disease, to stimulate the para-sympathetic system for help with stress, depression,
- Reduce pain and muscle spasms
- After trauma (whiplash)
- After lacerations
- Tissue swelling in the head from ear, nose and throat region,
- Help with headaches, tinnitus, vertigo
- Prepare and cleanse the body pre-surgery,
- Reduce inflammation and accelerate healing post-surgery
Manual Lymphatic Drainage In Ocala, FL
MLD is manual pumping and drainage techniques used to keep the fluid levels of the body in balance while defending it against infection. This powerful, yet subtle technique can reduce or prevent fluid retention, filters toxins and stimulates the immune system.
It’s a non-invasive approach used to address local swelling or as a total body preventative approach to optimal health and wellness. "MLD is recommended to be provided as soon as possible before & after cosmetic surgery." - Dr. Christopher Jordan.